I have to admit when the link first came up, I saw this guy squatting
in front of what looked to be a piece of artillery...I thought, "cool,
but not that cute" until I realized I needed to scroll down to see
the koala.

It is certainly a rare occasion to be able to see and photograph a
koala that is not captive in a zoo.  I am jealous of the opportunity.
I have to agree that the sky is not too cooperative.  I am curious if
you used some kind of flash on this one - seems like the face is just
a bit lacking in depth, more like a flash would do that overpowers
the ambient light a bit.  Other than that, pretty cool shot and
experience.

--
Best regards,
Bruce