Hmm. I've had a roll of film sitting in the Rollei 35S for several months.

About mid-2009, I tried to shoot a roll of film every other week with
one or another of my film cameras. The notion was to consume the
un-refrigerated old film sitting in a drawer. Got through about four
rolls, there are a half-dozen left. Scanned two of them ... both APS.
35mm takes forever to scan because I can't load up the scanner and
tell it to do that in one go.

Got good pictures out of the ones I scanned. Like this one, made with
un-refrigerated Fuji 100 film that expired in 2001 ...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2512/3690703216_308f608af8_o.jpg

It is such a slow and laborious process. Much as I enjoyed it, I think
most of my film cameras and freezer load of film stocks are now
destined for the Ebay heaven. I'll never use up the film I have in the
freezer. Watch for a film sale soon...

Sad ... I liked some of those cameras very much indeed ... but that
era is no longer alive for me.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com