On 1/3/10, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Sandy, if you are considering buying Voigt 58 and Sigma 24, then I
>  humbly suggest that you consider not buying a Pentax camera.

I am. As Panasonic G1 with the 20/1.7 and 45/2.8 has considerable
appeal, but the 20 is not as wide as I'd like and the system is a bit
beyond my budget and lacks in-body IS.

It seems to me in-body IS is obviously the right thing to do. If I
had a lot more money and was not worried about weight, I'd buy
the full-frame Sony and some Zeiss glass.

On my budget, the choices are lesser Sony models, Olympus
and Pentax. Among those, the K-X looks to me to be the best
right now.

>  It is therefore my humble suggestion that you look for Pentax glass to
>  mount on your Pentax camera. If you're willing to entertain the idea
>  of DA 16-45/4, then I suggest that you simply add to this a good copy
>  of FA 50/1.4 and shoot until you both got the money and also the good
>  idea where to go next - wide angle, portraits, telephoto, etc.

Good advice, thanks.