From: frank theriault
I'm glad your flash is working, but I'm also wondering why you'd be concerned?

The only problem I would foresee would be the possibility of batteries
losing their charge, but I'd expect them to be "re-invigorated" once
warmed up to room temperature.

Why put in a plastic bag while warming up?

Is there a potential problem that I'm not aware of here?

Protects it from moisture condensing inside it while it's warming up.

Ever wear glasses? Come into a warm building from outside when it's really cold and they fog up instantly; moisture from the air condensing on the cold surface.