Hi,

W E Smith used to use exactly one gazillion at a time, of several
different formats (but look what happened to him...). Then again,
there's the often-quoted comment from Bob Capa to George Rodger when
they saw a photographer struggling under a ton of cameras, lenses,
flashguns, bags, meters etc. - 'Just think of all the pictures that
guy's not gonna get'.

I'm going away for 3 weeks in February and going through the usual
stress about what to take and what to leave behind. Ideally I'd like
to take 3 Leica Ms with 21, 28, 35, 50, 90 and 135mm lenses because
they are so small and robust, and that would be it. However, I only
have 2 cameras and 2 lenses - twice as much as HCB needs, but not
enough for me... I will probably end up taking 3 slrs and 7 or 8
lenses, which is rather disappointing because I don't really have the
full confidence in their robustness that I have with the Leicas.

Most of them spend most of their time in my case. When I'm shooting any
given situation I use 3 bodies and 3 lenses, nowadays usually 28, 50
and either 85 or 135mm. But the others are all likely to be used during
a trip for various purposes (otherwise I wouldn't take them).

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]