From: "William Robb"
From: "Gonz"
Subject: low light autofocus

> Is there any combination of Pentax body/lens (digital) that does
> relatively well in low light?  I took my K20D and K200D to a wedding
> and the autofocus sucked in a big way with the both a DA 12-24 and an
> FA 50 1.4.  I tried to focus manually when I noticed about 1/2 of my
> shots were out of focus, but my eyes dont do well in bright light let
> alone low light.

The K7 at least has an AF illuminator which will turn on and let you focus on what just happened. It won't turn on until well after what you wanted to photograph has left the building though. Unfortunately, if you want good low light AF, the words Nikon and Canon are where you will find your answer.

Back in August I was using both K7 and K20 at a wedding, the AF in neither camera worked well in moderately low light conditions if the subject was moving even slightly. Autofocus is still an unexplored frontier for Pentax. They know what it looks like, but they seem afraid to implement it into their cameras in a meaningful way.

The AF-360FGZ & AF-540FGZ both have an AF assist spotbeam. When used in spotbeam mode, the flash does not fire.