I'm with them for basically 5 reasons:

1. My first SLR was a $50 MX.  And I continued to buy glass, to where
when I went to an AF SLR, it made economic sense to go with Pentax
instead of a Nikon 8008s.
2. My style/subject doesn't usually require high AF performance, high
frame rate, or stellar high ISO performance, so the benefit of
switching is less for me than it may be for others.
3. It still is a sizeable piece of change to go with a new body and lens lineup.
4. I'm lazy.
5. William Robb

I'm not happy that Pentax is where they're at, at the moment.  It's
better than several years ago.  Despite the above I could change
systems at some point.

Tom