Brian Walters wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:23 -0500, "Christian" <christ...@skofteland.net>
wrote:
Here's a few shots of the local wildlife around my in-laws' house. The bat (a gray-headed flying fox) is from the Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens. There are thousands of them roosting there during the day. Even though we had more sun in Sydney, when I went to the botanic gardens it was overcast... of course.

http://birdofthemoment.blogspot.com/

Scroll down smartasses...

Great stuff.

Those green tree frogs are wonderful creatures.  We have several that
live in various places around the house and appear on our kitchen window
sill each night in the warmer months to hunt moths and beetles that are
attracted by the lights from the house.  Reality television doesn't even
come close to this sort of entertainment!

We miss the crested shrike tits here.  We used to have them but they,
and most other small birds, have been displaced by larger, more
aggressive species.

thanks, Brian. My in-laws have a great garden and a fairly large open paddock where the gallahs and other parrots hang out.

--

Christian
http://404mohawknotfound.blogspot.com/