2010/1/16 Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org>:
> I would be glad to hear what others have to say about these thoughts.

My Pentax history....

In the northern winter of '93/'94 I was travelling around Alberta &
B.C. with my dad, happily snapping away with my first SLR, Minolta
SRT-101.

It was an awesome trip & I got to see my shots quite soon after taking
them because we were having the film processed locally almost straight
away (this is very cool when driving around meeting family and being
able to show them photos from where you have been,and more importantly
who you had just seen).

Then one day I walked into a mall and made the mistake of visiting
some hole-in-the wall photographic store. I picked up a brochure for
the P/Pz-20. Much paging through said brochure saw me fall in love. My
uncle took me to his local dealer in Red Deer (McBain Camera) some
weeks later. The rest as they say is history.

I had that camera and the FA 28-105mm PZ for many years and it served
me well. I drifted away from photography. But my interest was
rekindled with the news of the release of it *istD. I started shooting
film again and I ordered my first Ltd. Lens (31mm) when I went in to
pick up the lens, I asked to have a look at the *istD. Needless to say
that that was a very expensive day.

The purchase of that first DSLR saw me invest in a lot more glass. FA
31mm, FA 50mm, FA 77mm, FA 80-200mm f2.8, FA 200mm f2.8, FA 300mm
f4.5.....etc, etc, etc...

Then came the K10D, followed by the K20D. The cameras were great, but
my needs were changing and the persistence of high ISO noise & sensor
amp glow continually frustrated me.

I've now been shooting almost exclusively with the D700 for about
18months. I've shot more frames on that body than I did with the
K10/20D combined.

I'm happy I made the change. Nikon glass is crap by comparison, but
the quality of camera, and the IQ makes up for it.

Cheers,

Dave