On Jan 20, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Cotty wrote:

> Most people in the UK go to the pub and if the weather is nice will
> stand or sit outside with a pint....

So I take it they're inside for the other 363 days of the year?

;)

Our central city has a total liquor ban in public places, implemented as a
local bylaw.  I've never needed to pay any attention to it so I don't even know
whether it only applies at certain times.

The liquor ban itself doesn't bother me as it doesn't affect me.  But I do
share Bob's views about the binge-drinking culture being a bigger problem than
just public drunkenness, and being a cultural issue it's something that
legislation is unlikely to solve.

Dave