On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 07:10:06AM -0600, William Robb scripsit:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "frank theriault" Subject: Re:
> Today's Outing
>> Used to be that proroguing parliament was an "extraordinary measure".
>> With his third one, second in less than a year, it's hardly
>> extraordinary any more...
>
> And for the second government in a row, if the GG would do her bloody
> job, perhpas the Harpy conundrum could be solved.  Unfortunately,
> that's not likely to happen either.

It's very unlikely that she can find a single constitutional lawyer who
will tell her anything other than that must do what the elected prime
minister wants, obvious hacking of the system or not. (I've had this
discussion with a few; they're all very, very, axiom-of-universe certain
elected trumps appointed.  And never mind what the written law says.)

-- Graydon