> http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc/10/10_01/10_01_click/index.htm
>
> So.....when did it first click for you?

I used to watch the Vietnam war on TV and look at the pictures in the papers
when I was a kid. The people I admired were the reporters, cameramen and
photographers.

I was given a camera for my 12th or 13th birthday, some sort of Instamatic.
I had no idea why my pictures were all rubbish, but I persisted, and learned
by trying to imitate photographers I admired.

Not having a war of my own to photograph, I had to try and imitate
Cartier-Bresson's pictures taken in the streets.

Bob