Aaron wrote, on the subject of adjusting those plastic Patterson reels:
> If they're the plastic ones, you just twist the two sides in opposite
> directions, and they pop apart.  Then you slide the one reel up the
> groove and twist back in the opposite direction.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks!  That's sort of what I thought, but they both seemed pretty tight,
and I didn't want to apply too much torque if there was some other way they
were supposed to come loose.  I bought the tank and reels used (from Collin,
in fact), and they've probably been tightly secured in 35mm size for a long
time.  Time to buy some film!

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY