Thanks Godfrey - just what I wanted to read.

In an ideal world, I would have the best fastest machine possible with a
whole line of drives whizz-banging away.

For guerrilla shooting and editing, I'm afraid it's what fits in one bag
over the shoulder. That's a MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz with 2 GB RAM and a 160 GB
7200 HD, and one separate 250 GB 7200 HD in A FireWire (400) enclosure:

<http://www.macally.com/EN/product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=100>

The MBP is just over 2 years old and will be looking to replace it when
it's 3. It's without doubt the best Mac I've ever had.

The above combo handles SD video really well, and if I set up in a hotel
room with it for longer than a few hours the I connect up another
external drive and a Yamaha control surface/hardware mixer as well.

I'm trying to persuade a major client to give me more work to enable me
to put a VSAT dish on my Land Rover roof (£15k) so I can send material
remotely via satellite, including streaming live H.264 video via
hardware encoder (Matrox MX02 LE) back to the studio. Waiting to hear on
that one.

The words 'build', 'day' and 'Rome' spring to mind....

Thanks

On 31/1/10, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__