Hi, Peter,

See, now that makes sense.  When the SP500 came out, it was "competing" against the
SP.  Put a 1/1000 shutter speed on it, and the only difference would be the
self-timer.  Not really much incentive to ante up the big bucks for the SP.

By the time the SP1000 came out, the SPII had the hot-shoe, and the SPF had open
aperture metering, so I guess those features were seen as enough of a "draw" to
spend more $$.

thanks,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears
it is true." -J. Robert