----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: Message from Henry Posner, Part I

I'm not Henry and certainly can't speak for B&H. But after many years of dealing with them, I would guess the answer would be a firm "no." They'll stick by their decision. And that's what I like about them. They have specific policies that are set forth in writing, and you can depend on them following them. I've never known them to deviate from the course that they've set. Most often, that works to the consumer's advantage.

Except when they decide that they don't like the price they offered and cancel the sale after they have accepted payment for it.

I asked you once, I'll ask you again: If you walked into a store to buy a quart of milk and when you get to the counter you are told the price that is clearly marked on the bottle as pr quart is actually per pint, and therefore you will have to pay double, would you do so happily?
If you'd care to, answer me this time.

In essence, this is what B&H has done, and it is what you, Mark, Godfrey and (most unfortunately) Henry is defending.

For myself, wouldn't tolerate it from a retail store, and I wouldn't tolerate it from an online store as well. I haven't been a big B&H customer, I've probably only spent perhaps 20K with them over the years, but after this, I'm done with them as a customer. They crossed the line from being trustworthy to being untrustworthy in my mind.

Now I suppose because I took up the cause in my usual fun loving manner, Henry will breath a sigh of relief because I am an outspoken person and therefore potentially one of the problem customers he doesn't want, but I suspect I am not in the bottom 10% of dollars spent with them and I have never given them grief, other than what I feel is the well deserved grief I gave Henry for coming here and defending the indefensible.

And for all of you who have sent me public and private emails chastising me for sewering this thread, please be assured that unless I am specifically invited to post to it again, I am most likely done with it.

William Robb