Tom here... speaking as Tom... The Tom, Tom t Tom Tom, TOMMMM. :-)

Yes Bob, there's certainly a cutoff point where unreasonable
expectations cannot be assuaged.  I would not reasonably expect to
purchase a $10,000 camera for $1000 if that was the nature of the
pricing error, for example.

We were discussing a far lesser amount, and it was combined with the
fact that ithe tem had been SOLD, receipt of sale received.

Let's turn the scenario around. If I were looking at an item on a
website that had terms of 'No cancellations/refunds/returns', managed
to click accidentally and put it in my shopping cart, and then
completed the purchase (not unreasonable considering that some stores
retain your filled shopping cart if you leave w/o purchasing), and
then I attempted to cancel the transaction saying I had clicked in
error, I would expect to get the heave-ho and be stuck with the item.
How is that any different than a retailer making an error by clicking
the keys, typing the word PAIR, and then having a transaction come
through to completion? I would expect them to follow through with the
sale, just as they would expect me to honor my agreement to purchase.

Three years back I purchased a DVD Recorder/VCR combo from Circuit
City.  The website said it was the same price in store.  I drove the
30 miles. The item had a price of $100.00 too high on the shelf tag.
I got a salesager to help me.  No, he didn't think I was right.  I had
him pull up the website.  Sure enough, I was not mistaken.  Guess what
happened next?  He wrote up a sales ticket, except instead of writing
$280.00, he wrote $200.00.  I thought I'd just wait and watch.  He
walked me up to pay and handed the sales ticket to the cashier telling
her an override would be be needed.  Yep it rang up at $380.00. Yep,
then 2nd salesager manager comes over, looks at the transaction, and
performs the override.

Right there I got an item at pretty close to 50% off.  Did I feel bad?
 I had a twinge, but with the recognition that it's likely another
customer (or more) walked in and did not receive the promotional
price, paying $100 too much. Had the price been correct on the shelf,
and had their sales staff been properly trained (or folloed their
training), the error in my favor would not have occurred at all.  So
it was really a matter of cause and effect

I guess that might have been the straw that broke Circuit City's back.

Tom C.