On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 21:03:16 -0500, you wrote:

>Looks like you should have taken them and offered them on e-bay you would
>have doubled your money.

I would have bought both of those A* 135/1.8 lenses on speculation,
but at the time $450 - 600 was the going rate for that lens, even
though it rarely was offered for sale. I didn't anticipate an easy
profit, since I wasn't too involved with Ebay selling two years ago,
and I had a perfectly good M 135/3.5 that covered my casual need for a
135mm lens.

Since late in the year 2000, when Ebay really took off, the selling
price of certain Pentax items has risen significantly. I sold a mint
SMCP- A 35/2.0 to a Japanese buyer for a princely sum. In that time
frame the price of the A* 135/1.8 soared well above a thousand
dollars. Other Pentax lenses that have seen a large price increase in
the last two years are the A* 85/1.4 (and the other good 85's) and the
K 135/2.5.

One day Ebay will be overrun completely by dealers. Few of us will
ever again get a good deal on these rare lenses. It's already starting
to happen.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com