>I suppose it's possible to put an inline switch on the cable for a flash
>like the af400t instead of flash itself? Since that is the flash I'm
>looking to get I suppose I could just put the switch on the cable?

Hey Brendan,

I don't see why not - all you're doing is effectively breaking the
contact of the flash quench circuit. I tested this effect by placing a
thin piece of plastic under the appropriate contact on the hotshoe of my
LX, the sliding the 280T in place. I considered this method as a
permanent solution - but not for long. The plastic would soon rip and
become useless with the sharp 280T contacts pressing down on it. A switch
can be flipped at will. The biggest problem is remembering to flip it!!

HTH,

Cotty