I wandered into a local camera shop to check on the availability of the FA
50mm 1.4 lens.  The conversation led to a discussion of tripods.  I mentioned
that I once owned a Tiltall lens, and asked the clerk what he would recommend,
since I wasn't happy with the tripod my girlfriend has been letting me use.
He pointed at a used Bogen tripod.  I took one look at the tripod, one look at
the price tag, and snapped it up so quickly you could almost hear thunder from
the air rushing into the space once occupied by the 'pod!  Get this...a Bogen
pro model 3020, WITH a 3028 head, for $99!!! This baby has definitely been
used but was well cared for, and I will never have to buy another tripod
again.  The clerk, who is also a pro, was genuinely perturbed that one of his
fellow salesmen put such a low price on the tripod, and said he would have
bought it himself (or for a friend) if he had known about it first.
Just wanted to share my good fortune with you all.  I plan to put this through
some serious use over the next few weeks.
Jim