On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Brian Walters <supera1...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> G'day all
>
> Wandering around through the archives, I came across this one from 2006.
>
> I've always liked the symmetry of the old gate posts here with the three
> trees behind.  At the time I was playing around with an old Mayer-Optik
> Oreston 1:1.8 50 mm that had come attached to a Praktica I picked up
> cheaply on EBay (not sure why I bought the Praktica but I liked the way
> the lens handled this scene.)
>
> http://www.blognow.com.au/PESO/242617/Three_Trees.html

There's a starkness and simplicity about this one that I love.  The
bare trees, old gate posts and low winter light contribute to this
starkness, I suppose, as do the hills in the distance, but your
composition is what makes this.

It just has this feel to it that "civilization was here once, but now
it's gone".

Love it.

cheers,
frank