Tanya -

Sent this earlier, but it got lost in cyberspace.  Hope it still helps.

The latest version of Lightroom is 2.6. Open LightRoom, drop down the HELP menu and click on "Check for Updates". That will lead you through the process of getting the latest version of LR2 and you should be able to work with K-7 PEF's.

Or you can go here...

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

to get the latest versions of LightRoom and Camera RAW.

If you're using LightRoom to import your images into your computer, I suggest converting them to DNG's at the same time. Then all the post processing that you do in LightRoom is contained within the DNG file if you want to do additional work on it in CS4, which is not the case if you work on PEF's.

-p