You don't have to go into the menu on the K20D either. In Hyper program and Hyper manual pressing the OK button allows you to use the front wheel to set ISO. That ability is so useful that I couldn't imagine it not being replicated in any future Pentax DSLR. Of course with the dedicated ISO button it stops being a trick...

On 2/7/2010 5:44 PM, paul stenquist wrote:
On Feb 7, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Tanya Love wrote:

Aaaaah, got it.  Well, that is one THICK manual, and I have only had it for
2 days, so it's a lot to absorb and comprehend in that time! (hehe, well,
that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).

Even so, I still think that it is too many modes to offer, and would only
serve to confuse and slow me down during a shoot.  In hindsight, I don't
think I like the idea of the TAV mode actually, as I don't want to be
"surprised" at the end of a shoot with images containing too much noise on
account of being too high an ISO setting without me controlling it.
Likewise with Sv mode, as I never change my ISO setting at all on my camera,
I always leave it at ISO 200, unless I REALLY need it for low light, and
then I just change it manually and change it back when I am finished, and I
always like to have control over my aperture and shutter speed and wouldn't
allow the camera to choose this for me.  So, I guess that is two more
features that will be redundant on me.

  Although, at Bruce's suggestion, I may have a play with that green button!

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Francis
Sent: Monday, 8 February 2010 8:20 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: i'm in luuuuuurv...

No - it's exactly the opposite of Sv mode.

In Sv mode you set the ISO (directly, using a thumb wheel, not by drilling
down into the menu system),
With the K7 you don't have to go into a menu system to set ISO. You just push
the ISO button and use the rear thumb wheel. Love that.
Paul

and the camera sets the shutter speed and
aperture.

In TAv you set both the shutter speed and the aperture, and the camera sets
the ISO to get the exposure right.

This is all explained in the manual

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the
interface subtly weird.\par
}