I happened across a magazine called Fine Homebuilding. Interesting because the
tips they give on how to do stuff (e.g., build wood countertops) are geared to
the expert rather than the usual "first you buy a hammer and screwdriver"
advice in many woodworking magazines. (I exaggerate, of course.)

The back cover of this issue is a shot of a fantastic inlaid wood and copper
floor. [Side note - how could anyone ever use that room? They would have to
cover parts of the floor with furniture.]

This is a link to a brief description of what the photographer had to do to get
the shot.

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item/10781/a-winning-wood-floor

The image from the back cover is also there.

stan