Posing nude for a cause has become almost a cliche. Numerous groups have done
books and calendars since a group of Yorkshire women who did a calendar were
immortalized in a movie about seven years ago.
See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_Girls

In terms of shooting the nudes, I'd just look into some good books on figure
photography. There are thousands of them out there. Go to a book store and
thumb through a few until you find something that answers your questions. They
take a variety of approaches.

In the end, it's just about good subtle light. Avoid hot spots and hard light.
Retouch those zits! You're probably fine just using your instincts.
Paul