You know how there are famous, hugely influential films that you
somehow miss for years and years, even though you really ought to have
seen them at some time? There are several really important films that
I still haven't seen, but I just crossed one off the list this past
week: The Third Man.

Awesome - writing, direction, acting. But particularly cinematography.
It's in black & white and is full of shots where the camera is tilted
at crazy angles. Very Theriaultean :) OK, it's not particularly
blurry, but I think that would translate poorly to the world of motion
pictures.

BTW: New Pentax movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vez7qSrZfpc