On Feb 14, 2010, at 4:17 PM, William Robb wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "P N Stenquist"
> Subject: Re: Less than a month to wait...
>

> I figure in three years, there will have been a couple of upgrades,
> and we should be able to pick up the first version for around 4K,
> maybe less. That's when I'll get one. Maybe. Although I'm not sure I
> need it.
>
> I'm blue skying now for a 6x7 digital.
> They should be able to make a 100mp camera with that amount of real estate to
> work with.

I'm sure Pentax or someone else will eventually market a 6x7 -- or at least a
proportionately larger sensor in a 6x7 body. Maybe when sensor prices come down
to about half of what they are today, which they inevitably will. Going in a
lot of naysayers contended that the sensor was basically a fixed cost that
wouldn't drop a lot. But it seems the price has already come down substantially.
Paul