On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Scott Loveless <sdlovel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/16/10, frank theriault <knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sounds just a teensie bit cult like?
>
> Just a teensie bit?  How much does enlightenment cost? <snip>

I checked out their website and they purport to be a Buddhist group.
According to the site, this particular sect is based on the teachings
("truth") of one Ryuho Okawa.  I don't know if anyone here is an
adherant of this sect, and I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but
I'm always wary of any group as personality-driven as this one seems
to be.  Here's what they say of their leader:

"We have faith in Lord El Cantare, Eternal Buddha, who has been
guiding humanity throughout eternity. In the past, the consciousness
of El Cantare was incarnated as Shakyamuni Buddha (Gautama Siddhartha)
in India, and as Hermes in Greece. Now, His core consciousness has
descended on earth as Master Ryuho Okawa and preaches the Truth."

That scares me, and I'd be wary that this may well be a cult.

Happy Science?  Eeek!

;-)

cheers,
frank