ahs yes _ first you re afraid you'll die and then you'r afraid you won't...

Flat gingerale , at room temp - sip it to stay hydrated...
also lukewarm tea and later you can progress to a soft boiled egg and dry toast... (after the 24 hours)

sounds like the standard intestinal crap er... well yes ...

poor you!  hope its gone soon....

ann (with vivid recollections of this sort of thing)

John Sessoms wrote:

While H1N1 and the regular flue have been getting all the attention, there's another virus going around under the radar. Hopefully it's only the 24-hour kind, but it has sure kicked my ass for the last 22 or so.

Highly contagious - I think I was exposed just from being in the same room with someone who was recovering from it on Monday.

Symptoms just in case anyone encounters it: Nausea, Vomiting & Diarrhea. I didn't have a measurable fever, but that achy feeling that accompanies fever is there, with the pains multiplied tenfold.

Nausea started out as intense heart-burn. Started about 10:pm, and when I got up at 5:00am to go to the bathroom, that was all she wrote. Just barely managed to flush before I was down there with my hair danglin' in the water.

All the normal little hurts the body is prone to as we age are magnified all out of proportion.

I only came out to the computer to look up which it is, aspirin or Tylenol, that you're not supposed to take with "flu-like symptoms".

Later.