Even the expensive B+W 10 stop filter is having this problem based on the experience of a friend. The Cokin ND8 is not really considered as cheap crap :) and they made a 'revise' on their filters called 'Digital Solutions'. I believe these filters were made first for film cameras where this is not a problem.

I will stick to more expensive filters once I am ready to afford them :) and I am happy with the result as it opens up new possibilities in IR photography.

Regards,
.t

Bob W wrote:
I had a question that none of my friends could answer exactly (we all had our guesses :D). What happens if you stack for example 2 ND8 filters? Will it be ND16 or
ND64 equivalent?

So I decided to order 2 more ND8 filters from EBay and done a test. But during the tests I found out that ND filters are not that Neutral Density as they should be...
More at my photoblog: http://15kb.blogspot.com/2010/02/nd-anomaly.html

That's probably because the ones you used are cheap crap. You'd get better
results, and more accurate density measures, using brands like Lee, B+W and
Heliopan, or the pro versions of Cokin and Hoya.

Bob