> UK Gov nationalises orphans and bans non-consensual
> photography in public
>
> http://www.copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-gov-nationalises-orpha
> ns-and-bans-non-consensual-photography-in-public?page=1

First I've heard of it. The digital economy bill appears to be similar to
the recent French law which is intended to cut people off if they
persistently download illegally, but it's not at all clear if that would be
legal. It's really intended to protect the distributors (ie big business)
rather than the producers, ie musicians. If it contains stuff which would
affect photographers it's not obvious to me, but I haven't read enough about
it. It certainly doesn't seem to be the intention, but it could well be yet
another badly thought out piece of crap legislation. They're selling it to
the public as a neat way of raising money to improve the UK's digital
infrastructure with a 50p levy on copper lines.

The other thing is not aimed at photography, but again it could be an
unintended side effect. I'd need to read more about both of these before I
could make up my mind. A superficial skim of the ICO proposal suggests to me
that the website you linked to is probably dead wrong in its interpretation
of the proposals.

Bob