Well, actually, the Canadian army went into Afghanistan without desert
camo, becuase we don't have any!  All's we got is green stuff.  Not many
deserts in Canada, I guess.  Loads of forests, though.

Not that that's an excuse.  We like to think of ourselves as peacekeepers,
so we should be ready to go anywhere in the world for that purpose.  I
suppose that any defense funds that the military can squeeze out of the
government should really go towards stopping our helicopters from
plummeting from the sky (as they have a propensity to do, since they're
about as old as I am!).

Sigh....

-frank

Peter Alling wrote:

> At 01:35 PM 1/20/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> >Sunday, January 20, 2002, 8:50:19 AM, Brendan wrote:
> >B> Bet my 28mm vivitar Bond uses Auto 110's , the cia
> >B> would get what
> >B> ever cost the most. If you had to work for any spy
> >B> agency just make
> >B> sure it's not Canada's. Their so good at intellegence
> >B> gathering they
> >B> had our troops go to the desert Afganistan in Jungle
> >B> cammo, now
> >B> thats military intelegence for you.
> >
> >That's VERY shrewd! Nobody would expect troops to go to desert in
> >jungle camouflage , so the enemy would just think he's having
> >hallucinations.
>
> Actually it's that non-warrior ethos the Canadians have.  I remember
> seeing an interview of some Brigadier General with the Canadian defense
> force who spoke wistfully of how some countries actually
> believe that their Armies should be able to actually fight a war and
> possibly win it.
>
> >Good light,
> >    Frantisek Vlcek
> >-
> >This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,
> >go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to
> >visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .
> -

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert
Oppenheimer