Hi Mark,

The instructions indicate that no sharpening should be applied.  I've
had mixed results in the past where I've submitted images to other
publications assuming they would be sharpened, but upon publication,
found they were not, which yielded an image I felt was not up to
snuff. Given that Pentax DSLR bodies produce, by default, somewhat
softer images, it seems to me that I should sharpen juduciously to
render the image as I wish it to be displayed, and then it could be
further processed if need.  Sharpening occasionally creates some
minor, but distracting specular highlights that subsequently must be
cloned out.

Thoughts?

I don't wish my image, if chosen, to be confused with Franks. ;-)

Tom