Larry,

I also have the 77 Ltd, but sometimes I just need that extra 2/3 stop
(for example when shooting live music). I'm waiting to see what the
price on this Sigma 85mm is going to be, but I suspect it won't be
cheap. This from DPR talking to Sigma Chief Operating Officer, Kazuto
Yamaki, at the PMA 2010:

FLD elements are also used in the [Sigma] 85mm F1.4, which has been
attracting a lot of attention at the show. 'It's similar in concept to
the 50mm F1.4 - it's bigger, heavier and more expensive than OEM
lenses but achieves higher performance,' says Yamaki.

'We've made this for professional and advance amateur photographers,'
he explained: 'we've tried to achieve better performance [than the OEM
equivalents], particularly when using fully open apertures on the
latest DSLRs.'

So, on the one hand I'm expecting a very good lens, on the other hand
I'm expecting to have my kidney to send over to B&H. We'll see...

 --M

--

    http://EnticingTheLight.com
    A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment