Yes, the K-x high ISO is a noticeable improvement over the K20D -
much less work afterwards - in fact, almost no work at all.  Right
now, I am letting my oldest daughter use the K20D (she has an *istD)
while I work with the K-x.  The biggest feature I am noticing on the
K20D that I miss right now is lithium rechargeable battery packs.
The K-x is power hungry and I am having to really check out my AA
supply.  Other than that, I am really enjoying the K-x.

The 'warpaint' is the coaches way of getting the girls excited to
play.  Seems to work.

--
Best regards,
Bruce