On 2/24/2010 3:32 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Feb 24, 2010, at 12:14 AM, AlunFoto wrote:

2010/2/24 Miserere <miser...@gmail.com>:
Jostein,

Does the rear element of that 35mm f/3.5 have "digital" coating?

You mean fingerprints? :-)

Seriously though, I have no idea. Please tell me what this thing is
you're asking about, and why it is the single factor discerning
digital from non-digital lenses?

I could see a lens for digital cameras needing better anti-reflection on the rear element because a sensor is more reflective than film.

The differences that I've heard are that film has the different colors on different layers, where with digital you need all colors to focus in the same plane. I've also heard that digital sensors are more sensitive to the angle of incidence of the light rays striking them.

The variation of thickness of the film base makes worrying about which layer which color resides moot. Color corrected lenses attempt to focus all colors at the same point in the same plane. Pan chromatic B&W film needs color correction just as much as color film for sharp photos.. That's one of those things that someone, who had not a clue, made up, and someone else repeats because it sounds plausible, but falls apart under actual examination.

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the
interface subtly weird.\par
}