On 28 February 2010 06:13, William Robb <war...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cotty"
> Subject: Re: UK: Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest, February
> 2010
>

>> As a point of principle I suppose I agree that stop and search is open
>> to abuse and judging by the original youtube video, it is plain to see.
>> However, I still maintain the bloke in question was being adversarial
>> and that is only going to end up with one result.
>
> That being a false arrest and a monetary settlement I hope.

Exactly. If he hadn't behaved like a "dick" the situation would most
likely worked out differently.

I've been questioned by enough police/security/random citizens when
out photographing stuff fo know, that if you get your back up and have
an attitude the other party will get behave in kind. Keeping the
"confrontation" light and chatty will see the situation resolve in my
favour.

DS