I'd consider leaving the smaller light spots. Otherwise, I'd work with the
clone tool, as Paul suggests. I wouldn't bother with the small light spots
either those in front or behind. The large light area above his head, obviously
must go and "something" need be done with the light around his lower face and
chin. It's leaving of the sharp edges in that area, especially the high
contrast cigarette, that would present a problem for me. Not sure I have the
needed patience and steady hand. To a great extent, it depends upon how badly
you want to save this image.

Jack