On 2/27/2010 11:29 AM, William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling"
Subject: Re: UK: Photographer films his own 'anti-terror' arrest, February 2010

Bill, I love you man, but you know, you can be a total dick, maybe it's coloring your perception. He was being a total dick, but that didn't make the cop right.

Hey Peter, I love you too (that should be worthy of a Mark).
But notwithstanding, what would your reaction have been in the same situation?
Would you have tried to clarify whether you were under arrest?
Would you have asked what justification was in place for the harassment?
Would you have folded up like a used piece of toilet paper?

I saw the video, at no time did I think the guy was disrespectful of the cop, he just demanded that the cop justify her actions. When did asking someone in authority justify whether what they are doing is lawful become being a dick? My own opinion is that if it is, we are already living in dictatorships, whether or not we get to play a game and elect a new dictator every 4 years or so.

William Robb

My reaction would not have been cool. About a week ago I was pulled over by an /Armed/ police officer. Now I had broken no law, and two other drivers had clearly broken the law right in front of him, at exactly the same time. When I pointed this out he admitted it he had seen them but decided it was more important to give me a warning for doing something that was perfectly legal, rather than issue a money making traffic ticket to someone richly deserving of one. I pretty much lost it. I reamed him out in a loud voice, quite vehemently. I have no ideal what I would have done in the position of the photographer, but it probably wouldn't have been pretty.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}