Somehow I think that Pentax is aiming this at well healed amateurs, I don't think that there are that many pros who need this kind of resolution. The weekend wedding shooter can get by with a 6mp camera, even now., and that's what maybe 90% of the pro market. Those photographers who need this kind of resolution can afford the current offerings, they take a tax write off.