On Mar 13, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Santa Cruz photo outing, Sat March 27

On Mar 13, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Doug Brewer wrote:

Larry Colen wrote:
Our plans are rather loose and dependent upon the weather and who shows up, but the rough outline is:
Leave from my house in Felton about 10AM.
Shoot for a bit, likely at a local beach.
Lunch
Go to a second location for the early to mid afternoon.
Head to Panther Beach or Davenport for late afternoon & Sunset.
Dinner
hang out at my place to process & critique shots, socialize etc.

trying to catch all the crappy light, huh?

There is no crappy light, only crappy photographers.

And crappy photographs.

(I hope your comment about no crappy light was in jest, although I don't see a smiley face).

It was half in jest. The light may be crappy to get one photo, but that same light may work very well for another. For me a lot of the fun is taking what is available in the way of light, subjects and gear and seeing what I can make of it. Besides, even if I don't get any great photos, it can be a lot of fun going out and taking pictures, talking shop, sharing gear and swapping lies with friends.

For mid-day sun, we'll probably head up into the redwoods, where the light tends to be either shade, or if there's a break in the canopy, you'll get light from the sky coming mostly from one direction.

Candice likes shooting at the beach at sunset, so that's where we'll be at sunset. I find I like Davenport a bit earlier in the day so that when I'm shooting the ocean it's more backlit.