Please tell me where Pompey's Theater was actually located.  The story
I heard, from two separate sources, both natives of Rome, was that the
location of the portico was assumed to be at a different location, but
that when this was was excavated (not all that long ago) and studied,
the archaeologists concluded that this was the actual location at
which the event occurred.

Also:
http://www.beatrome.com/?action=monuments&m_id=21
http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/uc_geary_rome.htm