On 2010-03-16 16:23, Bob W wrote:
St Petersburg (formerly known as Leningrad)

Now that just strikes me as funny and sort of ironic.  Wasn't
it known as St. Petersburg for quite a while before the Reds
renamed it to Leningrad?

There was a joke during the Communist era that had an old man saying "I was
born in St Petersburg, grew up in Petrograd and have lived all my adult life
in Leningrad. I hope to die in St Petersburg". For many people it came true,
happily.

I have a horrifying "vision" that I might learn to know that feeling before I pass from this Earth.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)