On 3/16/2010 4:41 PM, William Robb wrote:
The problem with this sort of thing is where do they draw the line in the
sand?
Do they draw it at cloning out an errant foot because it "is not a subject
of the image submitted to the contest"?
What if they allow this, and next year, someone clones out something
that, while not a subject of the image, is something that makes a huge
difference to the impact of the image.

As an aside, imagine for a moment how much weaker the picture he
submitted would have been with that errant foot left in.

To my eyes, the picture would have been all the same, because viewing it on the web, it would have been unlikely for me to notice the offending element.

You're right in general, Bill. It is just that it is pretty obvious to me that once they start noticing image modifications of this magnitude, they inevitably will also look the other way at certain times. This, to me is significantly more offending...

Boris