Paul is exactly right here, Frank. I was talking only about miniaturization and electronics.

Boris

On 3/17/2010 7:58 PM, paul stenquist wrote:

On Mar 17, 2010, at 1:44 PM, frank theriault wrote:

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Boris Liberman<bori...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Having seen Leica M8 in person and having read that Leica M9 is not much
bigger than M8, I'd say I'd rather wait until D700 squeezes down to K10D
size or even K-7's size. I don't care much for body stabilization although I
use it.

With the greatest of respect, Boris, if you think any Leica M
rangefinder is comparable to any dslr, you "don't get it" ("it" being
the RF thing).
cheers,
frank

I think Boris only meant that if it's possible to pack M9 technology in an
M8-sized camera, it should be possible to pack D700 tech in a K10D-sized
package. I don't think he meant to equate either camera with rangefinders,
which obviously hold a unique and desirable place of their own.
Paul
(who still enjoys his Barnack Leica, even though it's a PIA to use.