This must be something extremely new. On my most recent travel (Feb 2010), my B1 was just fine. No pre-submission was necessary.

Boris

On 3/18/2010 11:40 AM, AlunFoto wrote:
Just a little heads-up for others coming from abroad by plane.
Apparently there's some new legislation requiring that you apply for
tourist visa online before arriving in the US. I got an email from SAS
about this just a couple of weeks back, and it was supposed to be
effective from a date some time between now and the Chicago
exhibition. SAS warned that passengers without pre-submitted forms
would be turned away at immigration.

For anyone interested, I'm sure I can dig up a link from my home mail
archive. Drop me a note off-list.

Jostein