On 3/18/2010 2:11 PM, Paul Sorenson wrote:
A black K-X from B&H.  Less than $550 including 2 day shipping.

Congratulaions!

Gonna give it a workout this weekend on a short holiday visiting friends. It was a hard choice between the KX and the K7. Finally decided on the KX hoping to go more "high end" if the successor to the K7 has the low light qualities of the KX. Will have to spend the evening RTFM.

I think that a lot of us are following the same logic. Besides, the longer you wait to buy high end electronics, the less that that performance will cost you.

When I first got mine, I was having crappy luck with battery life, it seems to have improved a lot. Don't know whether that's from going from the rayovacs to the older hybrios. Whether the rayovacs tend to have a weak battery in each set. Whether hybrid batteries lose some capacity (not just charge) when they haven't been used for a while, but using them brings it back. Or maybe it's just clicking info so that the back display isn't always coming on saves a lot of battery.

One gotcha I learned is that setting it to correct for lenses doesn't make much difference on single shot, but screws up bracketing as it'll buffer two then hang on the third shot.

Do try out the movie mode, even if you don't think you have any use for it. Especially try it out with a good prime lens on it. The image quality is very impressive.

-p