Way to go, Stan!  big congrats.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 10:43 PM
Subject: Sold some prints this evening . ..

We had a fund-raising dinner and auction this evening; the occasion was our church's return visit to Costa Rica in late May - early June. A high proportion of youth on the trip, so additional fundraising needed to help cover all of the costs ( not because they are more expensive, but because they are not gainfully employed, just in case anyone was wondering.) Sixty or so people in attendance.

I had printed, matted, and framed four of my shots, they were in the silent auction portion. Several bidders on each, the final average price was way too low but still higher than my direct expenses of printing-matting-framing. And then I sold a second copy of two of the shots to people frustrated by having missed out in the first round. So, I helped in the fundraising, got lots of good strokes on the prints, but am not ready to give up my day job. We also donated a week at a time-share resort (exchangeable at many resorts around the world) and a dinner-for-six at our home, and those both went for big bucks. A good evening all in all.

stan