I wonder if pairs of people do this: I have a personal account and
paypal takes no cut in money i receive. But then i cannot receive CC
payment. If on the other hand, i upgrade my account, they take a cut
whether the sender sent it from bank/paypal funds or using a CC.

I doubt if they will allow me to have 2 accounts. Do people team up and
make best of the situation ? If buyer agrees to send via funds, use
personal account otherwise use merchant account pushing the 3% to the
buyer if necessary. Bookkeepping gets complicated but atleast buyers get
more choice which i guess is good for seller.

I wonder if one can make allowing use of one's merchant account into a
small business within paypal :)