A tripod is a good thing. It will teach you patience, how to compose, not to mention
contribute to sharper pix. Regarding lenses - figure out what subject matter you will
be confronting. Will it be dark inside, or light for landscape. Do you want to get
close and personal with nature, in which case the macro is a must, or will you be
shooting the surf.  Last but not least, consider the weight of your gear and how long
you have to carry it. Personally, for a weekend jaunt, I believe the Zx5N and a couple
of lenses - including tripod - should do you well.
  Nitin Garg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: hi,

I am going to california for a week on saturday. I need some help
regarding it. This is mainly a fun trip so i should get plenty shooting
time.

* What film to take ? Have a box of fuji sensi II (iso 100), 4 kodak
proimage color negative film (iso 100) and arriving hopefully before
saturday are iso 400 tri-x b&w film. Any tips on these films ? Like i
came to know velvia is best exposed at iso 40 instead of its rated 50.
That sort.

* Tripod -- to take it or not. I recently bought a bogen 3011N with 3030
head (only thing i bought new in my entire gear :)). I am not sure if i
will be allowed to take it as carry-on and am iffy about checking it in.

* camera -- I am thinking of taking both my zx5n and vivitar 4000s (k1000 clone)
That should allow me to use both color and b&w film at same time. I dont
have much choice of lenses for the zx5n. Thinking of taking the smc
28-200mm fa and 100/4 smc-m marco (i could take the 50/2.8 fa macro if
that would be better, i dont have much experience with it yet. its a
recent buy). For the vivitar cam, the number of lenses is too many (all
M42 using an adapter): 28/2.8, 35/3.5, 50/1.4, 55/1.8 or 2, 85/2 (if it
arrives in time), 105/2.5, 135/3.5, 200/4, 70-210/4. What to take, what
to leave behind ?

* what not to miss: of course the most important part. Those that have
been there or live around there, do give suggestions on good places to
visit for photographing. I am still in the discovering stage and shoot
anything that grabs my fancy: people, nature, buildings etc.

tia,
nitin
-
This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe,